Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New wool that is? I mean if it's brand new, why does it have to be lanolized before shipped? I see so many wahm's saying their knitted wool will arrive washed and lanolized. Wouldn't brand new wool have plenty of lanolin in it already? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
In my case, I lanolized just because. Sure, it is new and there is plenty of lanolin in it, but some mamas prefer to have it lanolized as well as washed. Some just want them washed, and some just want them.

So I wash and lanolize .... also, some of the wool washes have lanolin in them. It isn't a lanolization, per se, but they are receiving some. Eucalan is lanolin enriched, and I am not sure what MonkeySudz' percentage is.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
It depends on the WAHM, it also depends on the wool, if it is hand dyed, and soaked in vinegar a lot, it can strip a LOT of the lanolin from it, so we lanolize before sending so the customer doesn't have to do it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Exactly. Some yarns are minimally processed,and you will feel a lot of lanolin in it. Others,like Cascade 220, is processed a LOT and it strips that out of the yarn. I just like to be certain that the customer receives a functional, ready-to-wear product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts