Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,640 Posts
I am going back to school full-time next month, after being a SAHM for the past year. My DD will be 14 months old. My reasons for returning to school and the resulting work are similar to many of the PPs':

1. I love it! I am studying to be a midwife and have wanted to do this for years. It is my calling and my passion, and I can't wait to get started. I also miss being around adults and need stimulating conversation!

2. My DH wants to work less and have more time with DD. I've been home the past year. While I'm in school, we'll be pinching pennies and sharing the time home with DD (DH will work from home a lot). When I'm actually making money (hopefully in 3 years), DH will take some real time off and enjoy DD's preschool year.

3. $$$. Of course in my ideal world I would be a midwife to low-income people and not charge anything, and take on only cases I really wanted, and take lots of vacations with my family. In DH's ideal world, he would be SAHD full-time. But none of that is gonna happen, so we do what we can with what we have, and make the best of it!

Sarah

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.