Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,494 Posts
Because I have to pay back my $50,000+ student loans.

I'd love to not have to work. So would DH. We need to win the lottery so we can both sit at home. I'm fine with no intellectual stimulation. I'm tired of work. (read: we're lazy)

This would be us -

Laura

· Registered
1,494 Posts
I've thought about that, but I'd have to watch 7.5 kids, full time, at the county voucher rate to bring home what I make now PLUS keep contributing to my retirement. Sadly, that's above the legal limit of kids I can watch in my home. The retirement issue is CRITICAL to me since I saw what happened to my SAHM when my father suddenly took off after nearly 40 years of marriage, leaving her with no insurance, no means for an income (disability), no retirement & no eligibility for disability for her new health problems (because she was a SAHM for 30+ years and didn't have enough "points" in the system - nice system, eh???). We are counting down the days until she turns 65 and can get some sort of health care coverage.

Yeah - I'm slightly paranoid, I know... But that's my life & it's impacted me greatly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.