Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't figure it out. Any wool I try always winds up felting in the diaper area. The legs stay fine, it's just the diaper area that felts. Why is this? Do we wear them too much? Is my little guy too rough? I'm afraid to buy expensive wool because I don't want to ruin it.

Actually, my PicklePants soakers are the only things that haven't felted. Different wool? Crocheted? What makes the difference?

Also, is there any way to remove the urine stains (discolorations) that build up over time on my overnight wool?

TIA!

Cheyenne

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah -- its probably just his legs rubbing together right there at the diaper area -- my son's pants are like that, too.

And I've had good luck getting stains out with a wool wash bar from Hug-a-Dub-Dub. The bars just seem to work better on tough stains than liquid...

·
Registered
136 Posts
felting happens when there is a lot of aggitaion. Thats why if you accidently soak your wool in warm water but dont move it, it usually wont felt. Thus why its felting in the diaper area. Theres lots of movement there. If your DC starts crawling they will probably felt at the knees too

·
Registered
302 Posts
hI get felting with 100percent wool from ebay, but not so much with bbr or targhee, felting just happens where there is going to be friction, if anything it makes it more water resistant LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.