Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is not nightime potty trained so tonight as I was putting a pull up on her when I was hit with an odor. She has some strong vaginal odor. Isn't this odd for a young child? or is it normal? Is it food allergy?
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
506 Posts
What kind of an odor are we talking here? It seems there has been alot of mention lately of odor in that area. For grown ups and kids. I personally think its probably normal. I mean that area is a foul area and I don't mean it in a derogatory sense. The vagina as well as the rectum and the surrounding areas can have odor. The cause....well I'm not sure. I'm thinking of another thread regarding body odor that was discussing the fact that it was due to all the hormones in cows milk. But if you don't eat Organic she can be getting hormones from other sources as well. And again, I think that some ppl just aren't willing to accept the "natural" smell of some vaginas without thinking there is infection going on. That said, yes odor can and is often a definate sign of infection rather it be yeast or otherwise. But unfortunately I haven't found that doc's are that interested, they will probably offer to do a swab if you'd like to make sure.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
how often is she bathed? had she been bathed that night, before putting the pull up on? Most little ones don't wipe well when they use the potty and the residue of old urine in and around a yoni is pretty stinky stuff. Try offering a warm wash cloth instead of toilet paper after pee-ing.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thaks for the replies.
It does seem it is a non bath issue. The night she had bath all was well. I guess by the end of the day it can get pretty stinky I was just shocked b/c I just didn't think little girls would smell. I don't know why.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.