Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd is very well pee and poop in the diaper trained. I know I've posted about it before...

But this weekend, I had to run out to target. She insisted on wearing underwear. The pair she picked were actually bright bots trainers. She didn't want a diaper. I did cover it with a wool cover because I was paranoid to have a soaking wet car seat.

Get to Target and show her the rest room and ask her if she wants to go potty. No, No she tells me.

Put her in the cart, get way across the store and she tell me "potty". So I told her to hold on and took her straight back to the bathroom and went in the stall and put the little fold-up seat onto the toilet. she tells me "diaper". So I had to go put a diaper on her.

Ugh! But at least she didn't wet in the trainer

i just wanted to add that she's not afraid of toilets. Everytime she sees one she wants to sit on it or at least flush it.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Ds wanted diapers because he could pee anywhere and not have to stop playing. He is potty-learned enough that we go out to stores and restaurants in underwear but he INSISTS on a diaper for poop. I don't know. You just can't make them go where you want. Just let them do it there way and realize that I don't know any teenagers who still insist on a diaper, so it must go away on its own

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Both of my kids did not like using public restrooms. DD who is 5 still does not like them, and DS will hold it until he is bursting before he uses a public bathroom. Who can blame them though. They stink, they are busy, the toilets are loud, most kids usually can't reach the tp, and the automatic flushers flush while the kids are still on the potty because they are not tall enough for the sensor. Sorry that turned long with no real help for you. Maybe she does not like public restrooms. DS would prefer his diapers for the longest time and we just switched. After a couple accidents he realized that it is much better to use the potty.

sorry not much help.
Allison

·
Banned
972 Posts
Ay! I've got no real help here.

My dd will do everything potty related EXCEPT put the poo or pee inside the potty on her own!!! And she doesn't care if her panties or pants get wet at all. She looks mildly concerned if the urine runs down her bare legs, but then just runs away from it. I'm really not sure what to do. I'm thinking perhaps if I lay a diaper on top of her potty, maybe that will get her moving in the right direction-- but I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts