Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay..... so now that you answered about UC's for me, perhaps I could explain why I ask.

I'm a doula/CBE that has planned two homebirths and had two sections, probably both unnecessary.

First birth I gestated to 43 weeks, make everybody really nervous, and then at 43 weeks have a sudden onset of pre-e. Get sectioned without TOL since my bishops score was next to nothing. Baby was healthy with a 9 agar, no problems for either of us.

Second birth, develop signs of pre-e early (4-5m) and treat effectively with diet. At 43 weeks go into labor after an acupuncture treatment (only about 4 hours after) and labor for 30hrs before transfer. I transferred because my midwife got one low HR reading (110 with a baseline of 140,) my labor had started and nearly stopped twice, made no cervical change for 12hrs, was a VBAC, and was 43 weeks (my midwife felt all these things factored in.) Baby was treated for mec aspiration although I'm almost positive there was no such occurrence. My some what educated guess is transient techipnia, if she wouldn't have been treated for the mec aspiration since before she was even removed from my body we might have been able to tell.

If I have another baby I'm so unclear about what to do. Am I just too much of a liability to take on? Due to my unusually long gestation's, and probably labors, am I always going to get transferred?

So, how or how am I going to birth vaginally?

Honestly I can't decide if I should hire a MW and a MD so I don't get screwed again once I get transferred to the hospital by their "fine" opinions of a HB mom. (Pretty DAMN sure that's why my daughter was over treated. I mean honestly they don't think I seek proper medical attention for my children, I'm just a crazed lunatic!!!!)

Do I UC? Do I just hire a midwife and "trust" birth again? What would you do?

My honestly opinion that every fiber of my being tells me no matter how much I try to stuff it away is that had I been left alone to birth those babies, I would have done so..... oh well right

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I can't say much really as I am not a midwife yet and what will "risk" you out is going to vary so much by where you are and the midwife you ask.

But I do want to offer a hug
and say, no, NOT "oh well". You will never be able to make a decision if you do have another baby, if you don't feel you can work out what you have been through before.
You may be right, that had you been left alone, you would have dont fine, but you cant know for sure. There may be good words of wisdom from some of the ladies in the Birth Trauma forum, whether you feel like you have been through actual trama or not.

Sorry if I rambled too much there, I dont think I got the thoughts out in words quite right, im tired

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have heard that acupuncture is an induction method that can take even if your body isn't ready, so to be avoided - and it sounds like maybe that's what happened with you.

Maybe you're supposed to have babies at 44 weeks, or later.

Can you monitor yourself for pre-eclampsia?

That's such a hard decision.

I wish you wisdom, mama.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamato3cherubs View Post
I can't say much really as I am not a midwife yet and what will "risk" you out is going to vary so much by where you are and the midwife you ask.

But I do want to offer a hug
and say, no, NOT "oh well". You will never be able to make a decision if you do have another baby, if you don't feel you can work out what you have been through before.
You may be right, that had you been left alone, you would have dont fine, but you cant know for sure. There may be good words of wisdom from some of the ladies in the Birth Trauma forum, whether you feel like you have been through actual trama or not.

Sorry if I rambled too much there, I dont think I got the thoughts out in words quite right, im tired

Yeah I am all up in the trauma sections. Thanks. I feel like I'll never be able to work out my issues, but I'm sure that I'm just overwhelmed right now. Never probably=couple years.... somebody shoot me, I just finished "working through a birth."

I was also just starting to think that the acupuncture could have screwed me over as well. I had researched that it wouldn't work if I wasn't ready (did it for my first birth and nada!) but I'm starting to think I just mettled where I shouldn't have. Could it account for mec? Her's was thick and she was stained green. I've started to see lot's of more info about mec and how it's most likely released weeks before labor. I'd wait 46 weeks if it meant a good outcome! LOL

I can monitor myself for pre-e. I show up with protein in my urine on a dip, and my blood work matches. I know a place I can get my own basic panel. I could learn how to interpret it.

Did I mention I work for the midwife, wonder if she would be offended, shocked, scared. Guess I'll have to ask.

Sav

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
so before you get pregnant again get a full work up-- CBC, thyroid function and a urine protein- what is your baseline bp -- do you have any chronic health problems- like lupus or blood sugar ? also have you had any cervical procedures or do you have adhesions?
these things you would want to work on and figure out before hand and eat like you are pregnant before you get pregnant and take extra B vitamins as well as high doses of folate (for bp mainly, but I could write up a long list) do you get enough sunlight exposure? vitamin D has a relationship to labor and to PE--fish and fish oil are other things--- and if it were me 2-3 servings of greens a day- no simple sugars/carbs - exercise- could be walking, swimming or dancing... any how

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.