Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:
i made a wool soaker for dd put it on abt an hour ago, she was sitting in my lap when i felt a warm wetness. she peed thru a premium sized cpf , thru the wool soaker and thru my pants!

WHY??!?!

btw, that was with *one* pee and dd is NOT a heavy wetter. i mean she is in just a premium cpf and me airflow all night and works great.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup. and it's not the stitching cuz i naturally crochet tight.

how much lanolin am i supposed to use vs. water/baby shampoo?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm ya i definitely didnt use 1.5tsp, i used waaay less cuz i remembered on the diapering sticky it said to use an 'inch' so ya i used like 1/500th of a tsp? :LOL

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
A wool soaker is not waterproof. If she soaked the dipe, then you may want to use a more absorbant dipe under that cover. I find some yarn to need lots of lanolin before it works to my satisfacion. Usually about 3 lanolizings helps... I'd try more lanolin and a more absorbant dipe.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
she didnt soak the whole dipe, just that area but it went straight thru instead of absorbing all around. i use cpfs all day and 1 can go for 2-3 hours -shes not a heavy wetter
but i'll try relanolizing again
thanks

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
If that's the case, then it has absolutely nothing to do with the soaker or the lanolizing - she just needs a bit more fabric in the wet zone to stem the flood. Wool won't keep from getting wet if it gets flooded all of a sudden - the diaper has to be able to evenly distribute the wetness before it gets to the wool.

So don't stress about lanolizing - just slap a doubler into the diaper.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
yeah, what stella said

Was she sitting on your knee or anything> I'm wondering if maybe there was serious compression on that spot and it didn't have a chance to get distributed?
That's my guess too. That she peed hard enough that it bounced off the CPF fabric and onto the soaker.

Karla

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Paton's Merino is VERY thin. If I use it, I use much smaller needles than what's recommended... maybe that's the problem too - depending on how heavy a wetter your dd is. My ds is a light wetter so it's fine on him (for a little while) but I wouldn't recommend that wool on a heavy wetter. Oh, and a big thing is always what she's wearing *under* the soaker too.

Nada

1 - 16 of 16 Posts