Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or 8,000 onions, or something else gross smelling...? So, today must be "Bring Your Stinky Lunch To Work Day." and the scents are wafting everywhere. I want some kind of a sealed air re-breather for the next 6 months.
I have always had a very strong sense of smell, so I didnt think it would really get stronger. But I can smell everything... I think I already shared that I could identify my nutritionist's dinner that she'd eaten an hour before, based on the smell from a sealed ziplock bag in her trash can- about 7 feet from me and on the other side of a desk...

and, now I'm starting to feel nauseated by it all... after only maybe one bout of nausea, all these smells are starting to get to me!

·
Registered
374 Posts
My husband calls it my "Pregnant Super Smelling"

I can't even feed the cats anymore, the smell of the cat food makes me wanna throw up!

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
My friend stopped by yesterday, and she had just put on this really strong lotion. It was overwhelming. Well, I guess she touched my couch at one point, because the arm of the couch smelled like the lotion. I was laying on it last night, and I couldn't stop complaining about the smell. it was SO strong. Luckily, it was a washable couch cover, so I took it off this morning and washed it. I did call her last night and asked her to not wear that stuff over again. Luckily, she is used to me, and was cool with my request. Anyone else might have thought I was asking too much.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooh so glad that I'm not alone. Wolf Nose- now that's funny!

just the thought of the way cat food smells made me gag a little.

last night DH took the trash can liner out and left it in the kitchen while he collected the trash from other rooms in the house. i started almost crying and BEGGING him to just take it outside.

He could not understand why it was such a big deal... oooh it was horrid.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In my small office we have a heavy smoker, a heavy perfumer and someone whom I am fairly certain does not bathe. Luckily I am moving my office next week.:puke

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
In my small office we have a heavy smoker, a heavy perfumer and someone whom I am fairly certain does not bathe. Luckily I am moving my office next week.:puke
Ugh! Me too! In my office, we have a heavy smoker who IS the heavy perfumer (and wears something with a patchouli base, that makes my nose burn without this hyper sensitivity!) We also have a guy who eats chicken wings (with hot sauce) EVERY. SINGLE. DAY for lunch, and lately, he's taken to loading on cheap cologne too... (and he sits in the cube next to me) not to mention the fragrances of everyone elses lunch moving about the building....

and at home, my whole fridge smells like a garlic farm for some reason. if I could stand to be near it for more than 5 seconds, i'd clean out the whole thing... but I just can't be!

I might start really wearing a mask or something, bc i might just
uke one of these days...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
When I was pg with dd1 I had a coworker that reheated FISH!!! in the staff kitchen microwave~ WTF?!

I called a meeting at once and claimed there was a new guideline that states that there cannot be any fish or seafood allowed in the staff kitchen because of 'allergies' to shellfish of 'other coworkers'. Whether they believed me or not I din't care... I talked a good talk of the danger of inhaled allergens to others with seafood allergies.
She's lucky she wasn't fired
totally kidding!! or not...

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If only I had that kind of pull with chicken wing guy. I would hold a meeting in a second, but he wouldnt get it. he also flosses at his desk. not sure how he's functioning in society... but that's for another thread....

we had someone reheat scallops in the microwave a few years ago, and people still talk about it- it was that bad!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
OMG he flosses.... :puke

That is just thoughtless. Seriously, I am so intolerant when pg
. I know I would say something.... o Lordy~ I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

It's a wonder I can leave my house

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.