Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so a few months ago, i realized that her dipes were getting too short in the rise. I restock. The dipes that she has now fit great, and IMO are all fine in the rise (I consider the rise 'perfect' if her belly doesn't slouch over the top when she sits). However, the weirdest thing that has never happen before: When i go to take them off, fitteds with cover (generally nylon Alexis) or pockets of any kind, they are sliiiiiiding down her hiney!! Utterly maddening, as i KNOW she does not need bigger diapers! This does not happen with non-elasticized CPFs. Can i remedy this? Thankfully, her poos are quite solid so i don't have to deal with ickyness up the back as a result of the slippage
Help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
We're having this problem with our wonderoo! I really love the diaper, but I can't use it if it keeps sliding off!

We have no problem with snappi'd cpf's, they don't slide at all.

Maybe our babies have flat hineys or something.

All I can think of is to keep trying to get the diaper tighter, but that just doesn't seem comfortable.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
This sounds a lot like what I just posted about ... now that ds is more mobile, I think his waist has slimmed and his diapers slide down his bum! I would recommend trying something with a smaller waist option (cross-over wings) or a smaller size. What size are you using right now?

·
Banned
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm.... I will have to get out a couple of old dipes and see what i see. It's possible that they are too big in the waist, but really her waist size may have actually increased lately. What DOES constitute a proper rise, anyway?

·
Registered
771 Posts
to me, a good rise fit is when the front is below or even with the pooch of his belly (I prefer below myself) and the top of the back should sit about 1 1/2" -2" above his crack (couldn't think of a better way to say that LOL).

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 15yrsbetweenboys
to me, a good rise fit is when the front is below or even with the pooch of his belly (I prefer below myself) and the top of the back should sit about 1 1/2" -2" above his crack (couldn't think of a better way to say that LOL).
That's how I determine a good fit too.

·
Banned
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not the biggest fan of below the belly, for some reason. largely because if it's that low in front, the back gets no coverage, either. So, i prefer a higher rise, now. Also, i feel that when the belly hangs over, it scratches on the front of the diaper.

It doesn't seem much different with a lower rise, either.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chemigogo
I'm not the biggest fan of below the belly, for some reason. largely because if it's that low in front, the back gets no coverage, either. So, i prefer a higher rise, now. Also, i feel that when the belly hangs over, it scratches on the front of the diaper.

It doesn't seem much different with a lower rise, either.
What diapers are you using (in both sizes)? Are you using applix?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts