Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby was talking to a coworker the other day who is originally from Africa. He mentioned that we have our 8 mo old DS diaper-free thinking that it was something he'd be familiar with being raised in a culture that didn't depend on diapers. He said, oh ya, they used to do that (EC)- but now they have disposables! His Canadian born (at least I assume they are Canadian-born)twins are disposable diapered and FF....but that's not the point.

Why on earth would you convince a culture that's getting along fine without poluting the earth and wasting resources (financial and environmental) that they all of a sudden NEED this product to function, and push it as a status symbol! It enfuriates me! It was the same with infant formula, and I'm sure a million other things. Talk about paving paradise to make a buck! I hate living in a culture that has such disregard for the state of the environment and such lust for economical riches. The fact that the NA masses is not enough that they have to infect every culture is sickening.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I know..A woman I know who was from India told me she was too lazy to potty train her almost 3 year old. Even when the kid ASKED to go use the potty. she said the moms in India use EC but once they come here they jsut switch to disposbles. Meanwhile my Dd and my other firend's daughter were both using the potty in friont of her DD and they were under 2...well under 2!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Formula. Cribs. Strollers. Pampers. & McDonalds, I guess.

Not that there's anything wrong with McDonalds every now and then! LOL!

Jessica (sorry, I love their fries, even though I know how bad they are)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts