Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm switching to Dr. Escabosa now...I gave my ped one last chance this past visit and asked her for advice on DS's nap times...and she suggested quite frankly that locking him in his room for 2 hours to train him to stay in his room for nap time was the best way to go...
:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
We like Dr. Escobosa and his partner Dr. Nold is great too - be sure and see them both. I am not a fan of their nurses, but I just try to ignore them. The docs are great!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
we see Jane Roach and Julie Venuti... I like them both... but even so I'm not much of a doctor unless we absolutely have to kinda person. I'd rather go to a naturalpath fulltime but i just can't afford it.

I don't know that you'd get any ped saying to co sleep and use homeopathic remedies etc b/c they have such hard resitrictions put on them from above.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
We've been seeing Clare Rodgers, CRNP in Crofton - I think she might work with the other two that have been mentioned. She seems pretty open and tolerant to what parents want to do. She was accepting (but not approving) of not vaxing, and in general spends a lot of time with us, and she seemed at least basically knowledgable about intact boys. Unforutunately we just moved here in May and now we're moving away again, but I'd recommend her.

ETA - also mentioned co-sleeping to her and she was again accepting but not necessarily approving, just said make sure you keep blankets and pillows away and do it safely.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Escabosa is nice, I did like one of the RNs there, Joanne Serafini. I felt she was very respectful of all my decisions. I saw Nold too, but his anecdotes drove me up a wall. Right now I see Dr Sears, just because I was tired of vaccine pressure.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsygirl
Escabosa is nice, I did like one of the RNs there, Joanne Serafini. I felt she was very respectful of all my decisions. I saw Nold too, but his anecdotes drove me up a wall. Right now I see Dr Sears, just because I was tired of vaccine pressure.
Was it Escobosa or Nold that gave you the vax pressure? Just curious? Escobosa never said anything to me one way or the other (we delay/skip, so maybe he is ok with that versus no vax) and Nold outright supported it and told me that he delayed and skipped for his own kids and explained how and why.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dr Nold told me to not come in if my child got pertussis. He also told me that my child won't get into school if I delay. He told me that vaxes are not linked to developmental problems, then he told me a story about an anxious mom and vaxes. Dr. E didn't bring them up at all, but I saw him for something other than a well baby visit. Serafini just said "I'm required to tell you....". They were pretty good about everything else. Serafini respected me when we asked her not to touch my sons foreskin, and she was very nice to my baby too. I told them I just wanted to wait 6 months, now I lean towards 2 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.