Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's seriously ridiculous. she is still RF and it takes like all of my might to do it with her in the seat. with her not in the seat, it's easy, but the problem is, if i leave the straps as tight as they need to be once she gets out, then when i try to put her back in i can't really fasten the straps without hurting her. it's one of those things where if i put her in with them tight enough, she cries. if i put her in with them loose, then tighten, she will let it be much tighter without protesting. i never had any issue tightening the britax straps, though i did have more strap-twisting with that one.

does anyone else have this problem with the radian? i'm wondering if it's easier FF because there is more room to pull the strap downward (which is how the instructions say to tighten it)?

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
I don't have a Radian, but I have to pull the straps from behind my Scenera in order to get them tight enough. I can seriously pull until I feel like I am going pull the seat out of the car and they still will not be very tight at all. When I pull them from behind, they snug up super easily.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I have the same problem with my Scenera and my True fit, so maybe it's just a rf'ing thing? Or else Britax is really special? (Dunno, I haven't used one since I nannied in 2001, and I didn't know anything about car seats then!)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have the same problem with any car seat I have used, except for the Graco Snugride infant seat. For my dd, we have had en Evelfo Titan, and a Britax Boulevard. Recently I put a friends son in his Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 seat, and encountered the same problem.

The thing I found the most helpful was to put the straps over the shoulders and then tighten. Sometimes I have to retry it a few times to get the right tightness. Im not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I think for a lot of carseats it's a rear facing thing....I think most are made so that you are supposed to pull the slack down and out, not up and out (which RFacing kinda forces you to do). So it's tougher.

I had that problem on our Radians RFacing, on our Triumph RFacing, our Scenera is a BEAST with that issue when RFacing, and on my nephew's 3-in-1 seat when RFacing.

It's better when FFacing. Promise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.