Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 12 months, for the past month at least she's been waking at 9 or so, napping around 12, then again around 5, then going down for the night at about 10-10:30.

she woke at the same time. she napped at the same time. but she is most definitely NOT going to sleep!!! agghhh!! she's never fussy, and she's just fussing and whining and acting really irritable. Her top tooth (3rd one so far) is coming in, and earlier she was chewing on stuff like crazy while whining, but she's never acted like this during teething before and she isn't chewing on anything for the past couple hours.

She's also EATING like nuts! I EP, so there is a limited amount of breastmilk- she drank it all, and had cereal twice today, and was still hungry, so I had no choice but to give her cow's milk- she drank kind of a lot of it, way more than she's ever drank of it before. And wants more! I gave her water instead, but she still wants more milk. (yes, it's organic, non-antibiotic, non-hormone milk).

any ideas??

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
growth spurt

My kid sleeps less during them but everyone elses seems to sleep more. Hang in there!

·
Registered
429 Posts
You were at my house? My dd's day is SOOO similar to yours!

The other night, she nursed and went to sleep around 10:15 and then woke up about 20 minutes later, ready for the day! We went ahead and let her play quietly for a while and when we were ready for bed, she nursed again and went to sleep - this time for good. She does that once in a while, not sure why, but it's usually best to just let her play quietly and put her to bed when we go to bed.

Sometimes, she wakes up soon after being laid down and she's fussy and those times, we know she's still very tired, just woke up for some reason so on those nights, we just comfort her back to sleep. Sometimes it takes a while, but she's not wanting to get up and play.

Maybe you could offer more solids during the day? My dd doesn't much care for breakfast so we often do a bedtime snack so she's still getting a variety of food experiences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts