Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I live in Stevens Point in the summers (or, I did last summer, and will next summer). I'm migratory... teach in AK in the winters, live in WI in the summers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to this site and just moved to WI .looking to meet some fellow Mommy's.its been a little tough the town we moved to people stick to those they know.I'm near Appleton about 10 min north of there.I'm having a hard time finding food stores.that I'm used too. that carry the things i like.one of the store i used to go to was trader Joe's ,they have one here in WI but all the way in Madison.I'm not going to drive far.if any one can suggest or let me know where they go.i would be great full

-lost in WI
:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
What town are you in. I am unfamiliar with Trader Joes but there are a few nice small scale stores in Appleton that you might be interested in.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I can help you with this! There are a few healthfood stores in the area. One of my favorites is Red Radish, which is actually down in Neenah. There is also a new healthfood store in Appleton called Soul... something. It is on Oneida St in a huge blue building, I just went in there the other day and it seems like it will be a nice store, the shelves were a bit empty, but they are just starting out. Ok, then there is Free Market on Wisconsin Ave. in Appleton and that store seems pretty nice too.

Woodmans has a decent healthfood section and really good prices or Copps has a pretty decent section too.... and I really like their bulk bins.

Nothing is totally like a Trader Joe's, but if you get used to the stores here they aren't too bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi I'm new to this site and just moved to WI .looking to meet some fellow Mommy's.its been a little tough the town we moved to people stick to those they know.I'm near Appleton about 10 min north of there.I'm having a hard time finding food stores.that I'm used too. that carry the things i like.one of the store i used to go to was trader Joe's ,they have one here in WI but all the way in Madison.I'm not going to drive far.if any one can suggest or let me know where they go.i would be great full

-lost in WI
:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
FYI, There are 3 Copps Foods Stores in Appleton. The one closest to Little Chute is on Ballard Rd, north of E. Wisconsin Ave as you are driving into Appleton from Little Chute. I don't know what their bulk bins look like but the bins at the store on Calumet St. are terrible in my opinion.... I used to work there so I feel I have right to discriminate
Some bins are always empty and not every product is priced. The produce dept. has the best salad bar in the state though!! The last store is on W. Wisconsin Ave and I haven't looked at their bins in a while.

I too like the Free Market (on Wisconsin Ave. but not as far as Copps) and I know that if there is something that you'd like them to have in their store, they will order it for you.

Soul, on Oneida has a small but good produce section but like the previous poster said, Their shelves are a bit empty. I just checked them out last Wednesday. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Also, you might want to check out this website http://www.localharvest.org/.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the Fox Valley! There are more crunchies here than you would expect. I would really recommend the Red Radish in Neenah. Very cool owners. A great selection of supplements and nutrition informations too. Not too far from Little Chute. Take 41 south to Neenah, exit on Winneconne, turn left and follow Winneconne to Commercial. Red radish is right there left on Commercial. Also, for selection and price, you can't beat Woodmans in Appleton.

No Trader Joes or Whole Foods. They do have both in Milwaukee and Madison.

Adria

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am right between Stevens Point and Appleton/Neenah, its about 30-40 minute drive either way.

Would anyone be interested in a playgroup? Preferably In the Appleton/Neenah area?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I live in Madison now, but I grew up in Menasha. For like minded families, you may wish to go to Mom & Pop place in Neenah. Its downtown. Don't know the web address, but I'm sure you could google it. My sister goes there a lot.

Good luck!

L

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by loudmama View Post
I live in Madison now, but I grew up in Menasha. For like minded families, you may wish to go to Mom & Pop place in Neenah. Its downtown. Don't know the web address, but I'm sure you could google it. My sister goes there a lot.

Good luck!

L
we love it there

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.