Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! This may be a really silly question....but how do you know if your pocket diaper PUL is wicking? Recently my DD's fuzzi bunz have started leaking a bit...but her insert seems quite wet as well...wetter than normal. So......my silly question is.....will the diaper leak if the insert is too wet....or should it really not leak at all? Should I just assume that she's wetting more (getting bigger, bigger bladder, etc.etc.) and put more into the fuzzi bunz or should I assume that they're wicking.
ok....i'll stop rambling.
amy

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well, I've found with my son that if the insert is soaked, the diaper will leak. I think that's just par for the course with any diaper.

You can check your FB's to see if they're repelling by taking a dry diaper and squirting water on it. If it goes through, you should be OK on the repelling issue.

Almost all of our leak issues have been due to a saturated insert.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I've had both leaks and wicking in various Fuzzi Bunz. IME, leaking is usually around the legs, like it has soaked through the seams where the elastic and casing is, and is from saturated inserts. Wicking is through the body of the diaper, like suddenly the middle of her bum feels damp after the first pee. That's how I would define the two... Good luck solving your problem!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok....it sounds like leaking then from a saturated insert. I've never had it wick through the main part of the diaper....just around the legs.
Thanks!!
Amy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.