Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 6:00 p.m. last night I kept having dizzy spells while trying to pick up the kitchen while DH was cooking dinner. So I sit down and am talking with dh and have a huge contraction. It knocked me off my feet. I had to breathe through it and was moaning it hurt so bad. So I look at the clock on the stove and it was 6:27. It went away and I figured baby was just moving and adjusting and nothing to worry about. Then at 6:33 I had another one, they were every 6 minutes for just about an hour. Then at 7:03 I threw up and had a realy loose BM. Then the contrax were from 4 to 5 mins apart and I told DH to tak DS#1 to my parents I couldn't handel him asking me if I was OK and the worried look he had on his little face. I got in the shower thinking they would go away if I relaxed and had some warm water running on my back and tummy. NOPE still 4 to 5 mins apart. So I get out of shower call doc office and talk to on call nurse and she says go to L&D of course. So I tell DH I'm not going to L&D again just to be told I over did it and need to go back on bedrest (I did nothing yesterday, layed on couch and read a book). So I went to bed and said if they get worse or closer together I'll go to L&D<br><br>
Went to bed tossed and turned still at 4 to 5 minutes apart. Told DH well maybe we should go to L&D. I looked at the clock and it was 10:30 p.m. told DH OK let me catch my breath and then we'll go and thats the last thing I remember woke up this morning feeling fine energized, refreshed, ready to go. Why do I keep getting these wopper contrax for 4 to 5 hours and then they just go away? I'm glad we didn't go to L&D every time we go it costs us $400 bucks. I've been doing this every 3 weeks since I was 22 weeks. It is like clock work, exactly 3weeks I have wopper contrax that start around 6:00 p.m.<br><br>
I hope the next round turns into actual labor and I can get this over with. I will 36 weeks then. Is 36 weeks too soon? Will he be developed enough? When do their lungs mature? I know it is one of the last things that happens.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
*hugs* My midwife said that she won't stop my labor at 35 weeks. She feels that the baby is doing fine so no point in trying to stop contrax. I think most babies do fine at 35-36 weeks.<br><br>
I had those type of contrax last pregnancy from 34-37weeks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You keep having these because your over doing it! At least that's what I think. I had a similar thing happen the other night after cleaning the living room. Lots of bending and picking things up and I started having contrax and dizziness along with just an odd feeling.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That's prodromal labor for you.<br><br>
Have you tried a nice glass of wine when that happens? Seriously it should help. If your not a big fan, go for something nice, light, sweet, and chilled, like a Riesling(or if you don't like sweet, a Pinot grigio/gris.)

·
Registered
849 Posts
HAng in there three more weeks. 36 weeks is my relax and let whatever happens happen week. My midwives do the home visit that week for that reason, to sort-of acknowlege that homebirth is safe from that point on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts