Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I can palpate my belly and can get a rough idea where this critter is...

HIGH...like almost at the very top of my fundus..

Now, seriously. I feel him/her move up by the fundus, but I"m *also* feeling movement down by my pubic area...is the kid *That* long already? Or what?

OOOH the 16th is just so far away..

Yes I had an early one (8-11wks) to see if there were two in there, but sometimes those are off...one hides because it can or whatever...

I DONT KNOW! ARGH!!!

*sigh*

If it's twins I gotta say bye bye to my homebirth...*sigh*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,878 Posts
You sure about that? I know my midwife attends twin births, but maybe the laws are different where you are.

I remember feeling movement all over the place when my little one was fairly small, I think she was just able to bounce all over the place quicker than I could keep track.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog
You sure about that? I know my midwife attends twin births, but maybe the laws are different where you are.

I remember feeling movement all over the place when my little one was fairly small, I think she was just able to bounce all over the place quicker than I could keep track.
Yes I"m sure about it. No Homebirthing of twins. We cant afford a "Non Lisenced Birth Attendant" (Read Gloria LeMay and those others who aren't registered with the BC College of midwives)

The hospital here isn't bad. not at all...very NCB Friendly, heck the Dr who caught me is on the board of directors, and he was pretty much the "Father" of the whole "get em off their back and leave them the bleep alone" movement.

He even helped get midwifery regulated and funded in this province.

My Midwives said they wouldn't write me off if I got twins. Just homebirth would be ruled out and I'd be shadowed by an OB too...But they'll still catch, especially considering my "Problems" with strangers down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
I would guess that baby is just moving and you feel one second at the top, then it shifts down, ever so stealthy and then you feel moves at the bottom because baby has moved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,460 Posts
I had a twin homebirth. May I suggest - just in case there are twins in there - that you don't officially find out, iykwim??? That's what we had to do, and voila, I got my homebirth.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
I had a twin homebirth. May I suggest - just in case there are twins in there - that you don't officially find out, iykwim??? That's what we had to do, and voila, I got my homebirth.


too late, scheduled for the ultrasound on the 16th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,460 Posts
Well, it's not too late until you do it. You could always back at over reservations of safety & necessity of u/s. Your call of course - just offering suggestions.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by love_homebirthing
Well, it's not too late until you do it. You could always back at over reservations of safety & necessity of u/s. Your call of course - just offering suggestions.

If I do that I'll start measuring big, then they'll say "Look do the ultrasound so we can make sure, or we'll have to drop your care for liability/lisencing purposes"

I didnt make the regulations up here, I just have to abide by them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,125 Posts
My guess is that baby is just stretching.
Remember that alot of the baby lengths you see reported on various "your baby is doing xyz at this week" type sites are crown-rump lengths, not crown-feet lengths. So add those legs in there and your baby is really pretty long!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top