Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my little guy (6 mos) to death. he is the most energetic babe i've ever met. there's not a second he holds still, he's constantly wiggling, giggling, kicking, squirming. day and night
: at night it's driving me crazy. i can deal with him not being a great napper during the day. i could deal with him going to bed at 9:30 almost every night (which makes dh unhappy, cause he hasn't gotten "any" in 3 weeks now). and i'd be ok with hourly nightwakings if he wants to nurse. but he wakes me up about every 1/2 an hour at night, waving his arms furiously, kicking, grunting, turning his head from side to side. if i grab him and put him over on my other side, he usually falls back asleep w/i 5 secs. sometimes he needs the boob, but as soon as the nipple is in his mouth he's gone, doesn't even suck. he really only feeds maybe 2x a night between 10 pm and 7 am. but why is he so restless? friends have recomended swaddling him. i tried that while he was awake to get him to fall asleep w/o the whole eyes scratching/ arms waving routine. he was mad, o boy. and last night i wrapped him up in his blanket and at first he got a bit angry, but settled down for 10 mins, then started squirming like a madman. so obviously the whole swaddling thing doesn't work for us.
i've tried giving him chamomilla and rescue remedie to calm him before bedtime. doesn't do a thing. we wanna start putting him in a crib (sidecarred) soon but if he keeps wanting me to move him around that won't work.
help! i need to sleep more than just 1/2 hour at a time. i'm tired.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think so. he's been like this since he was born. he's crazy...
i tried swaddling him again tonight. he threw a fit. it took me from 7pm til almost 10 to get him to sleep. he took 2 naps of 20 mins each today. i'm pulling my hair out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.