Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I nurse my 1-year-old to sleep for naps and at night, will he wean on his own at some point? Still wakes a few times at night, thinking of night weaning but want to do this gently. He has really gotten into the habit of sleeping from nursing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sometimes he will fall asleep in the car or  when I walk him in the carrier, only if he's really tired. Or sometimes at night even from rolling around on our bed for a long, long time. He seems to keep nursing for comfort. </p>

·
Premium Member
24,385 Posts
<p>Yes.  He will.  Promise! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My daughter - who is now almost 8 - nursed to sleep every night until she was 3.75.  She night weaned - gently, under her own motivation - at 2.5.  She kept nursing during the day until she was a bit over three, dropped down to morning nursing and nursing to sleep, and then a bit before her 4th birthday she dropped it altogether.  And never looked back. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So yes, they will stop on their own. :) </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My younger daughter will be 2 in August, and still nurses around the clock.  </p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also prefer a child- led weaning,mine is 2 years now,I only feed him in the night and he wakes up a few times..iam hoping that he will soon,stop on his own,it can be exhausting to breastfeed for such a long time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My son is turning 2 and am asking the same questions. He wakes up these days with a ton of energy too. Sometimes for two hours. It's hard. I keep wondering if I wean him if that will help, but I hate the idea of weaning him. It does;t feel natural - and I always expected to wean him at 1.5 or 2 before I realized what it was like to be a parent. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts