Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pregnant with number 1 but have been babywearing for years, as I'm a nanny. I'm 12 weeks right now, and the hotsling is already feeling a bit snug with the 2 month old (he's the 3rd infant I've worn in this pouch, the others going up to 18 months, so I know how it should feel). Especially with my breasts already growing, and getting much bigger when I am actually nursing, am I going to need a bigger sling? I have a size 3 right now and am considering getting a size 4 but want to know if it will be worth it. Also, the baby will be born in June, so are there any pouches that are more light weight or cooler? Other than solarveil. Oh, and I also have a bhmt, ring sling, and a beco. TIA!

ETA: I also want to get a wrap, and I love the gypsy mama bbb, but is a stretchy one best to start with and learn? Should I get a moby first? Thanks!

·
Registered
991 Posts
if you're like me you'll want a pouch in the next size up (7mths pp I'm holding onto 20 extra lbs & am 2 cup sizes larger).

you can use the larger pouch durring your pregnancy & w/ your babe until you get back to your prepreg size.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I have a BBB and I found it tricky to use until I was much more competent with wrapping. I loved my Moby, it was very easy.

Another option to consider, though, is the BBS -- Bali Baby Stretch. I got one of those when DD was about a year old. And I just looooooooooooooooooove it. It's lighter than the Moby, soft and stretchy and gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I would imagine it would be... I can't say for sure since I didn't learn with it. But I will say, it's the first wrap I ever got a good, successful rucksack carry with!

Of course, there are also the woven wraps like Didymos and Girasol... they're easier to use than the gauze BBB, not stretchy like the Moby, extremely popular. More expensive, but they're very high quality. I have a Vatanai, which is a lighter woven fabric than a Didy, it's one of my "shorty" wraps and I can do a ruck easily with that too. And I have a super-short Didy which I just use for a simple sling tie (rebozo tie), it's VERY thick fabric but very forgiving. Again, I got both of those when DD was already a year old, so I can't comment too much on how easy they are to learn with. But they're great wraps!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.