Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If not, do you have any suggestions for what will work for that size? Looking to use them over prefolds.
Michelle

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
We used the motherease rikki wraps, XS size on DD. We also had prowraps newborn, they had a lower rise but I didn't like the fit as much and they were stiffer feeling.

I think she was just over 5lb when we started and the motherease fitted her for 5 months.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
they didn't fit my 6lber I liked diaperaps and bummi pull ons best on my newborn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In a side by side comparison to the Imse Vimse Premie diaper covers they are about the same size--and Imse Vimse covers say they start at 4 lbs. I don't know. I bet they would work for some babies it would just depend on how they were shaped.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
In my collection of covers, Loveybums was the only option for my 6lber....

I had a VERY hard time in general with diapers when dd was that tiny though - sposie or cloth they are JUST SO TINY!!!!

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micheliala
If not, do you have any suggestions for what will work for that size? Looking to use them over prefolds.
Michelle
My dd was born weighing 7lbs and they were huge on her. Still didn't work at 8 lbs either. XS Rikki wraps worked great with infant CPF's though
She's 10lbs now and I already got rid of the NB Bummi since they weren't working for us but the small Bummis SWW are working fine with infant CPFs

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I REALLY like NB Proraps better. I like the gussets. Then, I switch to Bummis at size small.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
They will, but you might get some leakage if your dealing with chicken legs. Green Earth and Proraps work better or a Bummis classic wrap.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimid
They will, but you might get some leakage if your dealing with chicken legs. Green Earth and Proraps work better or a Bummis classic wrap.
The newborn or preemie on the prowraps?
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a 6 pound 6 OZ that dropped to 5 lbs 4 oz. I loved preemie prefolds with prowraps newborn OR kissaluvs or muttaqin newborns with dappi pullons. I also liked fuzzibunz petite - those fit very nicely also.

I didn't try bummis newborn but you can get prowrap seconds for very little and dappis are still one of my favorite covers.

Allie

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Newborns should be fine. Green Earth runs big, though, so you might want preemies if your babe is a skinny minnie. My girls can still easily get into a Green Earth preemie at 11 pounds but the Prorap preemie is just a bit too small.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts