Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch! My dd just stretched my nipple to the furthest EVER and it HURT. She's only 4 months, so I'm just wondering what I have to look forward to when she has teeth!!!! What does anyone else do to counter this problem? It usually happens when she's pretty satisfied and just wants to "nurse around" as I call it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
my dd used to do this too when she started realizing there was a world beyond my boobs. i would either break the seal (finger in corner of mouth) if i knew she was full and just playing, or i would try to move to a less distracting environment so she could finish up. hang in there mama!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!<br>
I pumped exclusively for 5.5 months before we got to nursing exclusively. When he tried to wiggle and pull and be far away relatively to my breast, I would use my free outside arm to pull him close, often wedging my fist into the mattress below and hold him closely to the position that was comfortable for me. It was just not an option for me to let him do acrobatics and be "far" away.. my nips are and were sensitive enough without being pulled on as well.<br>
You have to set a clear boundary about what you are willing to put up with.<br>
LJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts