Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planted tomatoes and peppers from seeds in some pots in late May. They are still only inch-tall seedlings....will they ever grow, or should I just give up on them??

I have 2 plants planted together in about 5-6" pots....the roots seem to be only a few inches themselves (They have been transplanted a few times).

·
Registered
420 Posts
I sometimes have that happen, too, especially with peppers. Are they in a nice warm spot? Nothing else you could transplant them outside & see if that helps. Or put the pots outside. Depending on your zone, it may be too late to get much of a harvest out of them, but if you have the space, see if you can get the peppers to grow at all & them bring them inside for the winter. They may not grow much, but they shouldn't die & then you'll have a big head start next spring. (Peppers are perennials in warm climates.) Sometimes I think I get lousy potting soil & that's the problem. I haven't gotten the knack of mixing my own potting mix. Anyway, I feel your pain. Good luck!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I sometimes have that happen, too, especially with peppers. Are they in a nice warm spot? Nothing else you could transplant them outside & see if that helps. Or put the pots outside. Depending on your zone, it may be too late to get much of a harvest out of them, but if you have the space, see if you can get the peppers to grow at all & them bring them inside for the winter. They may not grow much, but they shouldn't die & then you'll have a big head start next spring. (Peppers are perennials in warm climates.) Sometimes I think I get lousy potting soil & that's the problem. I haven't gotten the knack of mixing my own potting mix. Anyway, I feel your pain. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts