Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My twins are almost 26 months old and my dh and I will be going away for 5 days at the end of July to attend a friend's wedding. My sons are still nursing a minimum of 3X a day and seem to get quite a bit of milk. Part of me hopes they do wean while we're gone and part of me doesn't. If they ask to nurse when I get back I certainly won't refuse them. I know it all depends on the individual child, but I'm wondering what seems to be the most common result for mothers who have BTDT.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
not in my experience. (mexico for a week when she was going on three, with cousins she loved. would i do it again? prolly not. but she didn't seem traumatized & it was like a week-long party to her, even tho' she missed us.) back to nursing as normal when i got back, i didn't pump or anything.<br><br>
standing back with the fire-extenguisher, suse<br>
(lol, maybe we are all kinder and gentler than when i remember a direction something took a few years ago here...)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I just weaned my four yr old. I left for four nights...when I returned he insisted on nursing. I agreed to nurse him for ten min the first day and two min less each following day...weaning on the fifth day.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Went to Hawaii for 2 weeks when dd was 3 years<br><br>
Went to the Bahamas for 1 week when she was 4 years<br><br>
She weaned at 5.8 years<br><br>
No pumping either time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts