Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I didn't think about what I have been doing until just now.

When I get cold, I will usually get a blanket and sit over the vent for a little bit if I am sitting in front of the tv or something. Now I am wondering if I have harmed the baby.

Is this as bad as using a heating pad on your belly?

I am only 6 weeks and 4 days today. *sigh*

· Registered
3,086 Posts
Um, seriously?

You and baby will be ok. It's not harming him at all. I use a heating pad on my back and my butt, I have used it with this pg and my last...my babies are just fine. I think unless you are sitting there sweating bc you are so hot you get a temperature, then nothing will happen.

Don't listen to every 'wives tale' you hear. You will worry yourself to death. Just breath and relax and enjoy making a human.

· Registered
585 Posts
The only thing that I believe is a concern is when you put yourself in a position that your body temp is raised for any period of time, (long time in hot tubs, baths etc) But if your doing it to just warm up and be nice and toasty, I'm sure there is no reason for concern. When in doubt, talk to your caregiver, but I wouldn't worry

· Registered
1,254 Posts
you're fine hun, don't worry!!

When I first found out I was pregnant I avoided hot showers ( just took warm) becasue I was scared that the hot water would hurt my baby but then I learned its actually about your body temp getting to high. So I still take my hot showers ( thank God!) just not for more than 10 or 15 minutes and I make sure that the room doesn't get to hot.

Don't worry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.