Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to finalize this before the baby shower; people are going to start asking me about it soon! Here's my current wishlist. I already have pail liners, doublers, liners, wipes, pins, snappis, and small covers. Is this going to work?

24 Indian birdseye flats
18 infant ubcpfs
6 Kissaluvs size 0
12 premium ubcpfs
4 FBs in each size
4 MEAFs in each size
1 small Aristocrats soaker (MIL is already busy
so this isn't necessary but I do want to try one 'crat)
1 Organic Grow-with-me diaper (again, I want to try one)
1 Mini-shower
2 wet bags
1 L.L. Bean diaper bag

Please tell me this will work so I can stop thinking about it for a while. Okay, don't tell me that because I want to know if there's a problem and because I secretly like thinking about it even if it is too obsessive.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
How many small covers do you have (or planning to have)? Brand new bf poo can be scary, so 5 covers (the ME AF and Aristocrat) you have listed may not be enough. We had 7 medium PUL covers when ds was 5-6mo and that was barely enough. Okay, I re-read what you wrote, so just have your MIL knit away.

So I pretty much think you're set.

Lanna

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I think that is a Most Excellent list, if I do say so myself (though I think I sound very 'Bill and Ted' when I put it that way
).

Those will get you through ... well, potentially your diapering days! (the reason I throw in 'potentially' is just in case you get sucked into trying whatever's new on the market). But, with flats, prefolds, covers and some FBs... you're sure to find something that works for you for any occasion!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tarahsolazy
Looks great! I stuff pockets with Indian birdseye flats all the time, that's all I use for pocket stuffers. Everything else gets stinky on me, but never the beloved flats.
Oh, Tarahsolazy, if you knew me, you'd know that the thought of diaper stink on any level makes me pale....Not so much the stink itself, but the thought of germs living in my child's diapers. I cannot STAND that thought. So it's good that someone uses flats as pocket stuffers
because I will copy you!

For anyone still reading this thread, I have a sort of question. Is diapering a real baby going to be a huge uphill climb after all this practice diapering a doll? I've found the Snappied prefold MEAF combination to be the *easiest* of everything I've tried--easier than pinning, easier than laying in a wrap, faster than finding the right snaps on a fitted or pocket, easier than getting a flat to fit properly (the folding is not a problem but it looks messy when I put it on her). Is diapering a real baby going to befuddle me, do you think? I must ask my mom to teach me how to use pins when she visits.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I think you willl be fine. The snappi is a great invention, and the only thing I can think of that would be easier is a velcro AIO. The only problem I had with snappi'd prefolds is the bf poo escaping, but if you are using mostly pul covers it won't be a big deal, and even with wool(I mostly use wool)I just wash the spot/s of poo, and not the entire cover so it dries faster.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAHAKC
Hope you get everything you want!!!!!
Thank you. I hope I don't offend anyone by asking for all this stuff. But that's a different thread.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
That looks great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts