Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so sick of the constant heartburn, I can't catch my breath, I feel like she's never going to drop. Sheesh. Get down there and finish readying my cervix, okay? Please?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I am wondering if mine has dropped- as far as I can tell I look the same, but I have had near-constant heartburn for weeks (with lots of it before that just not constant), and this evening I realized I drank a beer, had a large plate of pasta and tomato sauce with parmesan cheese, then a caramilk chocolate egg, then some ice cream. Pig out much? I haven't been able to pig out like that in MONTHS!! And so far, NO heartburn. It feels weird.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
And so far, NO heartburn. It feels weird.
:
:
:

*tries to be happy for you instead of jealous*

I swear, EVERY.THING. gives me heartburn. If I drink a glass of water, it gives me heartburn.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My torso is so short that at this point, I'm wondering if will make any difference if she does drop.

I know that she hasn't yet, because I got a cervical check on Wednesday and the OB said that while she was head-down, the head was nowhere near engaged.

I'm facing the possibility, though, that even when she does engage, her feet will still be up in my ribs *sigh*.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post
:
:
:

*tries to be happy for you instead of jealous*

I swear, EVERY.THING. gives me heartburn. If I drink a glass of water, it gives me heartburn.
Sorry! It may be a fluke. I'm a little afraid to go to bed, because when in doubt, lying down brings it on! But I swear, just this morning I was the same - even a glass of water, or nothing at all, brought it on! I feel rather lost & confused without the 'burn!

P.S. I have a long torso, but all that means is that my uterus grows LONG instead of out. My mw said my uterus is way further up under the ribs than she's used to seeing! Also, I had a looong baby first time...seems like this one is too, since I've got the high uterus & heartburn, plus an internally palpable low-down head!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Off topic question: I met someone yesterday who said that she had to have 2 C-sections because her babies "never dropped". Is a C-section really necessary if your baby doesn't drop before labour? My ob told me that sometimes baby doesn't drop until labour starts, so I was assuming that it wasn't a big deal.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Not neccesarily. A lot of babies do not engage until labor, especially subsequent babies.

Mine dropped yesterday and shocked the heck out of me. I actually have space between my boobs and my belly now! hehe I asked DH if he could tell a difference and he could. I asked him where my belly went!
I'll take the heartburn (which I've had the entire pregnancy) over the cervix pain that I had since he dropped yesterday!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm with you! I get heartburn from everything... random things! I'll be okay for a few days, and haven't had reflux recently, so I thought my LO had dropped a bit. I ate salmon last night and got heartburn so badly it made me sick! I'm short and have a short torso so I often wonder if it matters for me either! I can tell she's lower, my belly looks different and I can feel her kicks lower in my abdomen.

Just sayin' - I feel your pain!

·
Premium Member
10,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
LOL Judging from your other thread....Careful what you wish for..hehehe
:

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Mine hasn't dropped either. I haven't had heartburn the entire pregnancy though. *knock on wood* I just have the little one crammed uncomfortably under my ribs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I"ve never had a baby drop yet, they've lowered i guess but i've never had any engaged more than a minute or 2 before time to push. This one is low for sure, lowest maybe, i have space between my belly and boobs which i dont normally, I may just be sticking out more though, i have a very short torso, cant even put my thumb sideways between my bottom rib and hip/pelvis. i ddi notice today i cant see my belly when standing straight...my mom assured me it was still there
... still got heartburn though HORRIBLY.

Romangoddess.. more likley there was a need for change of position and some relaxation techninc of some sort... rather than a c-section... probably the doc had a fav show coming on soon and didnt want to miss it by waiting for the baby to move along naturally! Unless the REASON the baby wasn't coming down was maybe it was oddly hung up in the pelvis or simply to large for mom to deliver? more likey the above reason, or something similar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.