Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
My DS would spit up some but would never projectile vomit. He arched his back, coughed, and had gas a lot though. He would also do the popping on & off thing while nursing. One weekend he either got sick, or couldn't control the reflux and vomited 4 or 5 times in about 12 hours. So to be on the safe side they had him admitted and did and upper GI (barium swallow) to test for reflux. According to that he has it and so they put him on Prevacid (which he refused to take at $125) and then changed him to Zantac. He has been on the Zantac for 5 months now and has almost no problems now.

He does sleep on a small wedge pillow that I had bought while pregnant. Its stiff and has a slight incline so that he's not sleeping flat. Of course he usually rolls on to his side & in to me and is therefore half off of it.

Without medication I believe the reflux is somewhat painful for them, because of the acid backing up. Kind of like mild heartburn maybe? If you really suspect it I would have him checked out to be sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.