Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I really need to get on something. I was on Lexapro during my pregnancy and it worked wonders. I stopped using it after the birth, but I'm starting to have anxiety attacks. I REALLY don't want anything to get to ds through breastmilk, so I was thinking of taking Zoloft. Any advice? No real depression here, just tons of anxiety and panic. Please help

· Registered
3,874 Posts
I was on celexa and klonopin prior to pregnancy for my depression and anxiety. Had to stop and switch to zoloft, and it has helped my anxiety as well. Not quite as well as celexa did but still a huge improvement from no medication. Big hugs mama!

· Registered
3,050 Posts
Yes, it should, but why not just take Lexapro again? Usually, if something worked for you in the past, they will want you to take that again.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lexapro worked great for me and my dr wants me to continue on it, but I've been so afraid with the lack of research on it. I could NOT live without it during pregnancy, but was thinking that maybe I could try something else safer now. Seems like Zoloft is the safest? Anyone else on Lexapro feeling comfortable about it?

· Premium Member
3,983 Posts
have you thought of trying Paxil? It is really good for anxiety.

· Registered
3,050 Posts
If you took the Lexapro, then STAY on the Lex. Do NOT switch from Lex to Zoloft unless you stop the Lex for two weeks. You need to stop for at least two weeks to switch to a new ssri.

I hope you just stay on the Lex. If it worked for you before, it should work again.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post
If you took the Lexapro, then STAY on the Lex. Do NOT switch from Lex to Zoloft unless you stop the Lex for two weeks. You need to stop for at least two weeks to switch to a new ssri.

I hope you just stay on the Lex. If it worked for you before, it should work again.
Thanks for the help. I think I just needed someone to tell me that it was ok to take (besides my drug-pushing dr.). I'm sure I'll feel better soon. Lexapro rules.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
It has worked wonders for me - I would give it a try. My doctor recommended Lexapro but I wanted to try Zoloft first and he said I could totally do that and if it did not help switch later
Worked and I am so glad I tried

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barcino View Post
I am glad to you took it - didn't read before I posted. My friend took Lexapro without any problems and it helped her immensely.
Thanks for the support. I'm already feeling better. I know dh is relieved. You guys are great.

· Registered
538 Posts
Zoloft is approved for anxiety/panic disorders, and several people have found better results with it than some of the other medications used for anxiety such as Paxil, Prozac and Remeron. Plus, the side effects are less severe.

I have used Zoloft for about 3 years for depression and social anxiety disorder and found that it worked better than Paxil and didn't make me as drowsy or nauseated. Also, some people on Paxil experience excessive talking, but when they are switched to Zoloft, that side effect is less severe (this is what happened to me).

Jessie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.