Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love the way that "conservatives" gave Bush their blind support for all these years and are now jumping ship just before it hits the rocks.

Quote:
"I think Mr. Bush faces a singular problem best defined, I think, as the absence of effective conservative ideology - with the result that he ended up being very extravagant in domestic spending, extremely tolerant of excesses by Congress," Buckley says. "And in respect of foreign policy, incapable of bringing together such forces as apparently were necessary to conclude the Iraq challenge."
I was just thinking the same thing this morning. The washing machine is broken; water all over the place, half soapy clothes lying there. And I thought to myself that my problem here is the absence of an effective conservative ideology.

Quote:
"There will be no legacy for Mr. Bush. I don't believe his successor would re-enunciate the words he used in his second inaugural address because they were too ambitious. So therefore I think his legacy is indecipherable"
Should "conservatives" let Mr Buckley off that easily? Should they now get to say that it was just Bush's fault and that "conservative values" had nothing to do with this mess all along?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts