Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/092403A.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/092403A.shtml</a><br><br>
snip<<br>
"Never mind that the Iraqi seat was filled at the United Nations by none other than the crawling kingsnake himself, Ahmad Chalabi."<br><br>
snip<<br>
"Never mind that the entire United Nations may as well not have shown up in the first place."<br><br>
snip<<br>
"Never mind that in the first ten words of his speech, George W. Bush once again tried to connect the nation of Iraq to the attacks of September 11th.<br><br>
snip<<br>
"Never mind the rank absurdity of it all."<br><br>
snip<<br>
"Never mind all that. It comes down to this."<br><br>
More at the link...Joyce in the mts.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Bush was at the United Nations for one reason: He got his country into terrible trouble, in defiance of virtually the entire international community, and was forced to come begging for help. An ounce of contrition would have furthered the cause of actually helping to repair the devastation in Iraq. An ounce of contrition would have shown America to be the humble nation Bush promised us way back in 2000. An ounce of contrition would almost certainly have motivated the U.N. to leave aside wrangling, roll up its sleeves, and begin to repair the damage that has been done. That ounce was not offered, and the jut-jawed whipsaw President barefaced his way through what could have been the most hopeful moment the Iraqi people have seen in 100 years.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I wrote here a couple of weeks ago that *we* should humble ourselves and admit we f***ed up and let other nations have a big say in what we do in Iraq.<br><br>
Then I said it would never happen with the Shrub.<br><br><br>
William Rivers Pitt says it so much better.<br><br><br>
Thanks JITM!

·
Registered
345 Posts
i just forwarded a link to everyone i know with even a few synapses left firing.<br><br>
damn that was a freaking awesome article. finishing it was like finishing a delicious meal...dessert will be his last paragraph coming true in 2004. gave me chills of hope and faith in america. (no small task).<br><br>
thanks joyce!<br><br>
joy

·
Registered
300 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">The pitch and tenor of Bush's speech was not aimed at that body. It was directed at the mainstream American media, whose reporting on these matters has been about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.</td>
</tr></table></div>
Another problem we need to deal with: the lack of a free and objective press.<br><br>
I've sent out the link.<br><br>
Spread the word.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts