Mothering Forum banner

Windsor/Essex County?

629 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Jowchar
Ok, I'm giving this one last shot, as I didn't get any responses to my last post. Trying to find other mamas in Windsor and Essex County to connect with - I'm feeling like a fish out of water here.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
I live in Windsor!

Email me at [email protected], I have something to tell you
Hello there! Have you been able to connect with any of our local moms yet?
Yay! Finally some replies! I left the country shortly after my original post and just got back on the weekend, and finally had a chance today to sit down at the computer... I was very surprised to see the replies!
Welcome back!
Are you planning to give birth in a local hospital or at home with a midwife? Do you have a doula lined up for your birth? Do you want to get in touch with the local LLL groups? Would you just like to have some other moms of little ones to hang out with? Let me know! We usually have playdates at my house once or twice a week, and I can get you a ton of info on the local birth/breastfeeding resources.
See less See more
My kids are all grown, so I'm not really looking for contacts right now, but just thought I'd let you know I'm in Windsor, too. I teach childbirth classes, and do a weekly parenting show on campus radio. Howdy, fellow citizens!
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber~Joy
Welcome back!
Are you planning to give birth in a local hospital or at home with a midwife? Do you have a doula lined up for your birth? Do you want to get in touch with the local LLL groups? Would you just like to have some other moms of little ones to hang out with? Let me know! We usually have playdates at my house once or twice a week, and I can get you a ton of info on the local birth/breastfeeding resources.
We are having a home water birth. Mary McArthur is our doula, Crystal is our midwife. We live in Amherstburg right now but are planning a move to Windsor very soon since we drive in all the time anyway and want to cut down our gas consumption. I would love to have some other moms to hang out with when baby arrives - I don't really know any other parents!
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by lobster
We are having a home water birth. Mary McArthur is our doula, Crystal is our midwife. We live in Amherstburg right now but are planning a move to Windsor very soon since we drive in all the time anyway and want to cut down our gas consumption. I would love to have some other moms to hang out with when baby arrives - I don't really know any other parents!
Neat! I know them both. I live in McGregor, which is much closer for you. Let me know if you ever want to hang out before baby comes too.
Hey! I live pretty close too! Out here in good old colchester!
Wow, there are a lot more MDCers from Essex County than I realised! This is exciting!
Yep, just let me know if you want to come over. Doulalace comes over 2-3 times a week.
See less See more
Yea, 2-3 times a week...sometimes 4-5...depending on what kind of week it is
See less See more
Just new to the site.

Looks great! Happy to connect with others too!
it's me Tia

well guys how goes it. I can't believe how big this Forum site is! my gosh! well since i connect with most of you on our LOCAL boards. I'm off to explore other threads from our country.

I will say one thing...the birth stories section is so moving!!

ok see ya's later
See less See more
Well this post is a little old, how nice to see some familiar screen names!! Don't you guys love MDC? I spend quite a bit of time here and might have convinced my sister to check it out.

Lobster - hope you have a great birth! Mary is an awesome doula.
Quote:
Mary is an awesome doula.
I second that!

Has anyone had a baby in the new maternity unit at Met? Or know someone who has? I'd like to be able to prepare the clients in my CB class who are planning to go there, but I haven't attended a hospital birth since the final renovations. What's good and what's bad? Anything they should particularly watch out for?
they have the birth tub in at Met. It was in for a while, but no one could use it because it didn't have handrails. they finally have installed the handrails, but they are very strict about limiting the time you are allowed to use the tub and how much water you are allowed to put in it.
If you ask me, it seems as if they installed it just as a gimmick to attract people or say they offered "waterbirths" they never let anyone actually birth in it - and they barely let people labour in it, so it is not very convenient.
they do have the birth balls and squat bars, but i think they have been there for a while. You just have to make sure you ask for these things ahead of time.
I can't think of anything else that I would consider "new"
1 - 20 of 20 Posts