Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone set up a winter nature table yet? I know it's not officially the first day of winter yet but it's been frosty and we've had our winter fayre where Daddy was King Winter so we were ready to move on from the autumn table.

Anyway, I'd love to see photos of nature tables!
Here's ours. I impressed myself with King Winter! He only took a short time to make and I winged him! I wanted to do a snow fairy as well but my daughter says it's not needed LOL!
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...intertable.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...kingwinter.jpg

·
Premium Member
959 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
All of the nature tables are so lovely! We have a late fall scene on ours right now, getting ready to switch over to winter. In anticipation, I made a needlefelted King Winter this weekend. I'm going to switch our table over next week when we celebrate solstice as part of the celebration.

King Winter

I love looking at everyone's tables.
:

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by berrymama View Post
We don't have the space right now for a designated nature table, so ours is partly on our dining room table and partly on the window sill

Center piece
Window sill

Angel and frame
Above the table
Oh pretty! I can't wait to get ours started! I think it will be spring before I get things sorted out, but I'm pretty certain that our entryway table will be the designated nature display. It will also keep it from being the mail, keys, gloves, etc drop!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Everyone's homes are so beautiful!
We are also using our kitchen table, since the tree is in our nature table spot.
Right now it is set up for advent. I will bring out the "winter" stuff after the christmas/solstice stuff gets put away, sometime after 3 kings day in Jan. I have a low shelf I was trying to use for the winter scene, but the babe keeps destroying it, so we'll just switch in a couple of weeks.

Advent Table

·
Registered
484 Posts
so this is part of my resolution for the new year....start a nature table.

does anyone have recommendations? i have a few items i can put together to get going....but i'd love to hear some ideas tossed around about what to include, what is inspirational, what you enjoy....i'm learning lots from you other wise mommas!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabeehilly View Post
so this is part of my resolution for the new year....start a nature table.

does anyone have recommendations? i have a few items i can put together to get going....but i'd love to hear some ideas tossed around about what to include, what is inspirational, what you enjoy....i'm learning lots from you other wise mommas!
Ideally it should reflect what is happening in nature around you.
We live in a cold climate so ours has snow (white roving), bare branches, seed heads and dried queen anne's lace, winter berries and cedar. We also have animals we would see in the winter - a white rabbit, deer, cardinals and some "characters" Winter and Mrs Frost, a few needle felted snowmen the kids made, a snow fairy, our Tomten.

There is a book called the Nature Corner which has patterns for nature table figures and animals and lots of ideas.

hth
Karen

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karenwith4 View Post
Ideally it should reflect what is happening in nature around you.
We live in a cold climate so ours has snow (white roving), bare branches, seed heads and dried queen anne's lace, winter berries and cedar. We also have animals we would see in the winter - a white rabbit, deer, cardinals and some "characters" Winter and Mrs Frost, a few needle felted snowmen the kids made, a snow fairy, our Tomten.

There is a book called the Nature Corner which has patterns for nature table figures and animals and lots of ideas.

hth
Karen
:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Catballou- that's gorgeous! Totally want to do that next year!
Angie - I love your advent table. That's so pretty.

I saw the Nature Table book on Amazon, but it didn't inspire me. But everything y'all are doing really looks wonderful, so maybe I should check it out? The only thing is that I'm allergic to wool - a lot of the king winters seem wool based. Is this book wool heavy?

·
Registered
557 Posts
yup practically everything is wool woolfelt or silk a few things with cotton. you can use alpace instead as most people alleric to wool are allergic to the lanolin part of wool alpaca doesn't have lanolin. depending on how allergic you are you might be ok with wool felt or you could use other materials. I love the book it has so many good ideas and it allways inspires me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.