Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made 29 wipes out of flannel and terry cloth for $5.50!!! That's .19/ wipe!! I am so excited. I bought 4 wipes for about $5.00 and loved them so I decided to duplicate them. The ones that I made are not of the same exact material but I know that I will like them just the same! Woo Hoo!!

How pathetic that I get so excited about this, huh?

· Registered
627 Posts
I would be excited if I were you. I've always wanted to make some wipes myself, thinking this would be great to start learning on sewing machine. You should be proud of yourself for making something that you can use every day. Good job.

· Registered
5,516 Posts
I really enjoy making up a half dozen or so wipes out of scraps when I have finished making a new diaper for dd. I don't even cut the scraps up, just put them together and serge odd shapes. They work great and take seconds to make!!! It is so rewarding! Congratulations on your savings and good for you.

· Registered
579 Posts
I have been using baby wipes made of a half of a paper towel roll with a mixture of water, baby oil, and mild soap. I would love to have cloth ones instead but I am a novice sewer and have never seen cloth wipes. Can someone tell me how they do theirs? Thanks!

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I don't have a serger so my wipes are just zigzagged around the edges.
I have some that are flannel on one side and terry on the other, and others that are just one material like terry or sherpa or hemp. They don't have to be any particular shape, but most of mine end of mostly looking like rectangles LOL

Nancy

· Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first started, my ahem I mean DD's wipes were any old shape of leftovers from making her dipes (I didn't buy my first dipe until I found MDC). I have since found that I really like them to be the same shape - approx 4x8. I serge around the edges. I guess I could use other materials but I just like the look of off-white flannel and off-white terry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.