Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my last pregnancy throughout the entire pregnancy, or as much of it as I can remember, I pictured myself birthing on hands and knees. It wasn't preference, because I did not prefer that position, it was wisdom.
I did end up giving birth on my hands and knees in water.
This time I have a perfect image of the birth squatting at the foot of the bed. I won't go into specifics, but I can see how I am propped up and all. This is how it has been from the start. This is not a preference again, because last time went just great and water birth was very nice so I would probably prefer that again. But it is wisdom. Now I haven't, of course, given birth yet but I will be so excited if I do birth as I see it in my head.
I just think it is so interesting that so early in the pregnancy, before baby is even developed and ready to decend, I am seeing the birth and getting guidance for the birth. I am a prophet!

Our bodies are just amazing, aren't they?
Thanks for listening...
Beth

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Yes! I had strong premonitions through both of my pregnancies, as well.
My midwife was telling me that when she worked as a doula, she arrived at a woman's home who was in labor. She was curled up on her left side in the closet. She insisted on laying in the backseat of the car like that, and when they arrived at the hospital, she didn't want to get on her back for hearttones to be checked. When she finally relented, the baby's heartrate started to decel dramatically. But as soon as she got back on her side, they were fine again! Totally amazing.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Ever since I was pregnant with Bella in 2001, whenever I pictured giving birth I was squatting by the side of my bed. I ended up delivering semi-reclining in the pool. Even now, with one pregnancy two years behind me, and the next (hopefully) a year or so away - this image is still SO strong.

I think and imagine my future births often, a picture different positions, etc - but when I really 'meditate' about birth - this entire scenario always plays through my mind. When I picture it now I am still in the same place, squatting down during contractions, feeling the babies head move down, reaching down to support myself during crowning, etc. As vivid as if I had already done it. The most important change to my birth 'vision' is that now I always see it happening without any midwives (and sometimes even without my husband) around.

Still, I loved being in the water, and I plan to have the pool available again next time. I'm intersted to hear if other women have visions of how they will give birth, and if they are drawn to these positions during birth. I've always wondered if my birth daydreams mean anything.

Jeanette

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
I had a premonition about this too -- for the first time with my UC birth. Throughout the pregnancy this vision kept coming to me of me leaning over the recliner, kneeling on the floor. I didn't really pay much attention, though. During transition I was in the tub, going through a lot of different positions. I thought I might give birth squatting in the water, as I did with my last. But all of a sudden I felt compelled to jump out of the tub and then without thinking about it at all I knelt over the recliner and two contractions later she was born.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.