Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a notice that they're applying an automatic cost of living increase!<br><br>
#1. Woah that it's been two calendar years!! That's when they do COL increases.<br>
#2. Cool that I don't have to file for it!!! I thought they'd make us file and have new numbers for daycare and all that. Interesting implications because by the next one childcare will go down significantly and I don't know if XH will have the initiative to file for a recalculation.<br><br>
It's mildly evil but #2 makes me happy considering how inflated my student loans are because of him. (And the likelihood I'll be paying for DS' college expenses if he goes. My parents covered my undergrad, so I feel like I need to pay it forward.). I have no moral qualms if he doesn't file for the adjustment. I'll certainly comply, but have no intention of initiating unless someone tells me I'll get in trouble for not letting them know when child care decreases.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
<p>That's great! With the price of gas right now, I think everyone should get a COL adjustment. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My first anniversary of freedom is in July, and I'm going to ask them to re-eval his pay, since I lose spousal maintenance after August. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts