Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We co-sleep, BF, babywear, non-vax, non-CIO, the whole crunchy AP baby agenda.
:

I also WOHM 50ish hrs a week (can't be helped, I'm the bread/benefits winner
, oh well...). I get early evenings w/DD (6 mos old), nurse her to sleep, and nurse overnight (wakes anywhere from q90 minutes to q3 hrs)--I get up after the 4:15ish feeding to start my day.
DH is the SAHP (and amazing at it!). I just feel like this overnight automated milk machine at times--DH knows so much more about her naps, and is better at interpreting her cries than I am

Sigh. Any BTDT mamas?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep.

And I drink in those "welcome home" nursings. You know the ones where the rest of the world goes away (hubby even fades) and it is just you and baby. And those lovely hormones that make the troubles of the day fade away. Ahhhhhh. . . . .

168 hours in a week
50 WOH
10 travel/other hours
leaves about 108+ hours of baby.

Rather than focus on the 50+ away, please focus on the time with baby. Enjoy it, wallow in it, immurse yourself in it and baby.

Baby knows you are momma and no one is like momma. Hang in there and know that baby is bonding to you.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I am also full time WOHM 50+ hours per week and DS (Age 4 in July) is home with DH (WAHD) during the day.

I get home about 6:30 and "take over" but DS doesn't go to bed until 11:00pm-11:30pm. So, as of right now, after almost 4 years, it is wreaking havoc on my body.

Also, DS is a "Spirited Child"
: so lately, I've been looking forward to his bedtime
: because I have no strength left to be an effective Mama to him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.