Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...phone-lawsuit/

Quote:
SAN JOSE, Calif. - A New York woman is so angry at Apple Inc. for lopping $200 off the price of the iPhone that she's filed a lawsuit seeking $1 million in damages.

Dongmei Li of Queens, N.Y., claimed the company violated price discrimination laws when it slashed the price of the 8-gigabyte iPhone by a third, from $599 to $399, within two months of the gadget's June debut

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
If she didn't want to pay the high price she should have waited a few months when there wasn't such crazy demand for the phone. If you want the newest technology then you have to pay the price.

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
If she didn't want to pay the high price she should have waited a few months when there wasn't such crazy demand for the phone. If you want the newest technology then you have to pay the price.
That is my exact thought! Jeepers she should of waited till X-Mas when it would be on sale. Its a gamble you take.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm glad that she's seeking a million dollars in damages. It will barely be enough to compensate for the severe emotional distress she must be feeling over this betrayal by Apple. It will take years of therapy to get over it.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanElizabeth View Post
I'm glad that she's seeking a million dollars in damages. It will barely be enough to compensate for the severe emotional distress she must be feeling over this betrayal by Apple. It will take years of therapy to get over it.

If she doesn't lose the lawsuit, i am leaving the country

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeca View Post
I thought I read that Apple was already giving back some kind of compensation for cutting the price so early? I thought it was a rebate of some kind?
from the story.

Quote:
Apple issued an apology the next day. Under its return policy, Apple refunded the $200 difference for those who bought the phone within 14 days of the reduction. And in a move to make peace with those who purchased the higher-priced phone before that period, the company offered a $100 credit at Apple stores.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Why is this different from any other over hyped product??? Come on. Lets look at some of the game systems and we'll see that the same thing happens there. It's pretty much common sense.

UGH.

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kama'aina mama View Post
Apple does this to their customers all the time. Don't they?
As far as I can tell, this is SOP in all the tech sales areas. I wouldn't say they "did it" to their customers. Nobody made this woman spend $599 for a toy - she chose to do it, and now she's throwing a hissy fit, because they reduced the price. Either it was worth it to her to spend $599, or it wasn't. If it wasn't, I guess she shouldn't have bought it.

I have never bought a new tech product of any kind in the first six months after release. I never will. It would be easier to just flush the money down the toilet.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
This is ridiculous. First off, first generations of technology and cars stink! Sorry, they just do and this lady could have waited a few months to catch the buy one get one free that is sure to come someday.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
She didn't even buy the 8GB, she bought the 4GB for $499 & is complaining because the 8GB is now cheaper & she can't sell her 4GB & make any profit(like you should be making profit off a used item anyhow) because the 8GB is cheaper than what she paid for her 4GB.

Personally I hope apple does not settle & she does not win. It is ridiculous to have emotional damages over a phone, much less them being worth $1mil.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
As far as I can tell, this is SOP in all the tech sales areas. I wouldn't say they "did it" to their customers. Nobody made this woman spend $599 for a toy - she chose to do it, and now she's throwing a hissy fit, because they reduced the price. Either it was worth it to her to spend $599, or it wasn't. If it wasn't, I guess she shouldn't have bought it.

I have never bought a new tech product of any kind in the first six months after release. I never will. It would be easier to just flush the money down the toilet.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Oh my duh.

Perhaps my brother should sue because he went in at midnight and bought a PS2 when it first went on sale and like 6 months later it was $100 cheaper.

Or maybe I can sue because I bought Harry Potter at walmart.com for $20 something I believe (after tax & shipping) and it was cheaper in store the same day I got it.

Yes, yes I think I shall. I have extreme emotional distress over this...

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
I have to say, I have discussed this with a bunch of techno-geeks. I know at least three people who bought i-Phones the first day... and while yes, you know you are a bit of a chump and you are choosing to be financially exploited a little to be the first on your block with the new gadget... what Apple did with the 4 Gig was astonishing to many people in how much of a blatant slap in the face it was. Not saying it's worth a million bucks... but that it is pretty out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.