Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed at 11 and have been struggling with it ever since. In the past year I have been reading a lot about heavy metal exposure and fluoride poisoning in relation to fm. My mother has issues with mercury and can no longer get any vaccinations. I am no longer vaccinating myself or my dd. My main concern for dd is the possible genetic link with fm and exposing her to anything that could increase her risk for developing it down the road. I'm also concerned about my mother's issues with mercury and it running in our family. I don't have to start exemptions for another year since dd is vaxed up to 18 months, but I'm curious as to if I could get a medical exemption based on these issues. Does anyone else know much about fm and vaccines? I received quite a few ( the mmr) right before I started having my health issues. In MN I could just get dd an exemption based on philosophical reasons, but I think it would make her father feel better about it if I had a medical one. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
i have fibromyalgia. i was dx in my late 20's after 10 yrs of really bad symptoms, but looking back, i had issues all through childhood tha probably were indicators. all it took was one bad stressful 3 yr marriage and i became bedridden.<br><br>
i was fully vaxed based on the schedule in the 80's and early 90's. my ds1 was mostly vaxed and my ds2 hasnt had any.<br><br>
ds1 shows some of the same things i did as a kid and ds2 has no indication at all that he may one day have FM/CFS. just my btdt...<br><br>
you wont get a medical exemption. go with the philo, youre lucky to have one in your state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts