Mothering Forum banner

Wonderoos leaking!!!!!!!

597 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LeeshaLynn 
#1 ·
DD is 2 about 28lbs. and she is leaking in her Wonderoos. She leaks out of the bum. This morning it was so bad it soaked her socks! I just ordered some AIOs from CherryBombBaby and I'm waiting for those to come in. Are my Wonderoos days over?

#2 ·
Have they worked for you in the past? I've never had luck with them. But if they have been working and suddenly stopped maybe they need to be stripped. Or maybe your DS just had a really big pee.

#4 ·
If they used to work for you guys, I'd try stripping them. (Begin with a super hot wash with no detergent and see if there are bubbles.) Double check the snap settings too. I'm sure this is obvious, but as my daughters legs slimmed out a bit (a tiny bit, lol) I just snapped them on the same setting without even really thinking about it, and they needed to be a little more snug.

Is she sleeping longer in them than usual? If so, maybe they need an extra insert?

Also, make sure the insert is totally inside the pocket. If I'm sleepy sometimes a bit will be peeking out the back and will wick up and out.

Good luck!

#6 ·
I may need to strip them b/c they have worked great in the past. She is holding her pee and when she goes it's about a gallon

How exactly do you strip them?

EmmalinesMom, do you wash them in hot water w/o detergent to see if they have build-up? And then they will need to be stripped? And you are refering to the hemp saoker and not the Wonderoo, right
: ?

#7 ·
I'd strip the insert and the wonderoo. I use Dawn dish liquid to strip my diapers. Just a tablespoon or so. I do a long cycle hot wash with the Dawn and then an extra hot rinse with nothing. If you see bubbles in the extra rinse it means you need to do another rinse because you have detergent buildup in your diapers that needs to be removed.

Maybe your DC is just peeing more (and faster) and you need a different kind of insert? I'm a big fan of hemp jersey, I find that it absorbs faster than just plain hemp.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisap

EmmalinesMom, do you wash them in hot water w/o detergent to see if they have build-up? And then they will need to be stripped? And you are refering to the hemp saoker and not the Wonderoo, right
: ?

Sorry....just now getting back here.

You can wash in hot to see if there are bubbles, and yes, if there are, you need to strip them. If you already have plain/regular Dawn in the house, then you can just skip that as a first step and wash them with just a bit of Dawn, as Jilian said. I'd do both the inserts and the pockets.

#9 ·
Ditto the above. If they were working for you before, check the snap settings then check if you have build up. Turn your water heater up as high as it will go with the lowest water setting you can get away with and run a hot wash. If you see suds, you have build up and you'll need to strip. That entails washing your diapers on HOT for as many washes as it takes until you don't see anymore suds.

Good luck with your Wonderoos!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.