Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
oh wow just totally gave myself the heebie jeebies there.. I didnt even realize I was touching it until I was like "huh, well it doesnt go back any further.. and whats all this mushy stuff??" When they say squishy cervix do they mean squishy like pudding? Cuz thats about what it felt like. I havent touched it since becoming pregnant and wow was I not prepared for this.. Jeez at least I wont worry about being able to dilate anymore.. That thing felt like I could push anything through it...

sort of creeped me out

· Banned
630 Posts
So what does squishy mean exactly? I tried checking mine the other day after having lots of really uncomfortable contractions. I thought I couldn't find it, but then I realized that this thing RIGHT in front and low, that I thought was my g-spot sticking out more than usual, was my cervix. And it's open just like a fingertip or two. But it's really, really soft it basically feels like everything else in there. Does that mean it's effaced?

· Registered
6,205 Posts
Mine is soft, but it has been soft for a while now. Not open at all though, and I still have my mucous plug. I'll be 37 weeks on Monday. I'm thinking I'll probably go into labour between 40.5 weeks and 41.5 weeks. Just a feeling I get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.