Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
specifially rattles. Im iso some wooden toys/rattles. Preferably handmade. I really dont have tons of money, but im willing to look. I want to get them for my soon to be born niece. There are some wooden rattles at BRU but they are made by Sassy and made in china. Yeah, NO.
thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have been slowly collecting used wooden toys off of Craigslist. Over the past year, I've replaced most of DS's toys with natural toys, none over $20. You might have good luck with that. Also check the trading post here.

DH has also started making some wooden toys, and you might be able to make something that would work if you're at all handy.

I don't know where to buy new ones cheap, though.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Okay, so this doesn't fall under cheap or rattles, but I just want to plug it a little in case anyone else was looking: http://www.woodentoy.com/

We wanted some reaslly nice first birthday gifts that the kids could keep for a long time and hand down to their children. We had this toymaker make his clacker for DD and a train set for DS, he does such incredible work. The clacker is super gorgeous. Really incredible. And the train set is so detailed, its really beautiful.

Okay back to rattles - I loved the haba rattles - I would just keep my eye out for those for sale on ebay or from various retailers online when my kids were little. Or post a wanted on the trading post and see if anyone has some they want to part with. I'm not quite ready to part with mine...

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Try here: http://www.seasonsnaturaltoys.com/se...NES+%28BABY%29

I love this site and can't wait until ds is a little bigger to get some of the things. I'm totally making him the hedgehog doll and the mushroom doll for christmas or birthday. He may get one of these wooden rattles too. They were featured in last year's holiday Mothering gift guide for their natural wooden blocks.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I have one of those rattles
And one that is made out of a single piece of maple (from rosie hippos?). I got them at yardsales, brand new in the package. Some moms aren't into them and want plastic I guess.... I think I paid 25 cents for each.

I also have had excellent luck at consignment shops finding those cool little cars, wheeled dinosaurs and animals, and other wooden toddler toys. If you don't want to drive all over looking, just give your local shop a call, IME they don't mind checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.