Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to get DS (18mos) a wooden train for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations. It needs to be affordable also. We don't have a lot to spend. We leave the pricer presents up to grandparents.
Maybe this will have to become a grandparent gift as well if there aren't any that are more affordable.

Thanks for any reccomendations! Links are helpful too!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aileen View Post
dd received one of these as a gift. it's beautiful and you can add cars one or a few at a time to make it more affordable.
We are in his train of the month club. We just got train car #6. They are amazing and made so well! I love them as much as my 22 month old does!

I was also going to suggest Whittle Shortline Railroad They have an adorable Little Engine that Could set. These trains are very similar to Thomas or Brio but Whittle is made in the USA. I shared with the manager at my local Thomas store and he's going to start carrying them
He always asks me why we don't buy the Thomas toys when it's obvious our little guy loves the train so much. So I told him and then when I found Whittle told him about them too. I'm excited to see them branching out...and can't wait till I can get DS his Whittle stuff locally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.