Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fox News is on in the background while I'm typing. They led up to a commercial saying "When we come back, holiday gifts for expectant mothers." and I sort of groaned in my head expecting it to be bad.

Well, it was a nurse-midwife/lactation consultant showing all kinds of breastfeeding products! Discussing them with a male anchor. Awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
: I just watched it. Fox is always on at work. The anchor was really into the interview. He asked several questions and didn't seem intimidated at all. It was done in a really positive light.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
While I disagree with Fox new on their political coverage, for some reason they treat BFing with great respect. Good for them!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Wow Palin did have a big influence on the Republicans....apparently they now are trying to get the natural parenting mothers on their side....seems a little fishy to me....

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I don't see how "natural parenting" is a Liberal or Conservative issue. Mothers from all walks of life, of all ages, socioeconomic classes, and races breastfeed. Similarly, some mothers from all of those catagories choose to formula feed. If Palin's fame is able to reach "non hippie liberals" and teach them about BFind and babywearing, then that's only a good thing!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Im not saying its a liberal or conservative issue at all....im just saying that 6 month ago, IMHO, they wouldn't have aired that.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
Im not saying its a liberal or conservative issue at all....im just saying that 6 month ago, IMHO, they wouldn't have aired that.
Well, I don't watch Faux (
) news, but from what I hear around the BF board they have been consistently pro-BF in their news coverage, even prior to 6 months ago

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.