Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No poops- it is so much harder with the second to run them to the potty, but I'm working on it- but we caught two pees with the new baby today. She is four days old and wonderful! That is a 50% go rate, although only 10% catch rate, if you get what I mean (we tried four times and caught two, but she peed about 20 times and I caught two...
).

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and did I mention that of all the parents of toddlers who have infants that I know, my EC'd girl is the only one who was trained by baby's birth? Do not tell me it wasn't worth it. It SO WAS.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, SP. We cuddle all over and I do not really want potties everywhere. Not worth it to us
. I will concentrate on the post-wake elimination for now...

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdnaMarie View Post
cheers, SP. We cuddle all over and I do not really want potties everywhere. Not worth it to us
. I will concentrate on the post-wake elimination for now...
Ah, gotcha. I spent most of those early days in bed or at the computer so it was easy to carry the yogurt container and roll of TP back and forth.

Mind you, I wasn't fast enough to catch anything until around 4 weeks. So I still tend to think in terms of how to be able to get to a potty ASAP.

: For getting your dd1 potty independent first, btw.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Ah, gotcha. I spent most of those early days in bed or at the computer so it was easy to carry the yogurt container and roll of TP back and forth.

Mind you, I wasn't fast enough to catch anything until around 4 weeks. So I still tend to think in terms of how to be able to get to a potty ASAP.

: For getting your dd1 potty independent first, btw.
Sounds like yours is well on her way, too! Yes, the first baby is much easier. I, too, had a potty by the computer.
I remember those days well. They are GONE
. On the other hand, I understand babies much better now so that is something. We caught a poop and pee this morning- hoorah!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you and can I say, we had a few poops yesterday and today, and two pees today? We are on our way! It's so crucial as I only have 24 fitteds. 8o

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Congrats on your baby! Glad things are going well, I look forward to tiny baby EC again. Hope your little girl likes being a big sister!

I will not have a potty trained toddler when this baby is born, despite the full time EC
but that's alright. Still worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.