Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I am using a (wahm made) wool soaker for my dd over a fitted at night. And I LOVE how absorbant it is. But it seems to irritate her skin, which I have been temporarily solving by putting a little pair of shorts on between the fitted and the cover, and arranging them so they prevent the soaker from touching her skin. But this is a bit of a PITA, and I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing?

This soaker is borrowed but I have a soaker and wool cover coming that I bought from the TP so I wanna figure this out.

Any suggestions mamas? Thanks.

· Registered
6,061 Posts
she may be sensitive to wool, some children are... or it may be made from very itchy wool...
there are some soaker makers that use the cheapest yarn they can find and that usually means overly processed scratchy yarn(Im speaking of the ones on ebay that sell their soakers for $9)
you could try some well known soft wool and see if its just the yarn or if she is sensitive, it isnt uncommon

· Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

My friend made the soaker, and if I remember right she said it was recycled wool from a sweater? Anyway, good to know that just becoz she is sensitive to one, doesn't necessarily mean she will be sensitive to all. I just ordered an absolutely beautiful cover with dolphins on it, and a cute purple soaker, so crossing my fingers! lol

In the meantime I will continue with the shorts strategy. I love this soaker other than the itch factor, and the shorts do work.

I appreciate the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.