Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to figure out if i should go with a wool cover or the other type of covers like bummis etc... What is your preference? both my children are thin in the waist and legs (7 month old girl, 2yr old boy). I want something that will be fairly trim, and will hold up well, and will not leak alot. Oh and I'll be using prefolds with snappis.
Also when saying which you prefer, can you please say which brand of that you prefer!
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I prefer wool soakers. I have some stacinators that are nice but they are too big for DS right now and super bulky. I have a couple of these soakers. They are my work horse soakers. I have a couple of WAHM soakers but DS outgrew them and I am waiting on customs from her. I don't mind PUL but it rubs and isn't as flexible as wool. I have 5 BSWW that I use for night diapers, I trifold in them, and if I expect to not be able to change frequently because I am on a road trip or something. DH prefers the BSWW with a trifolded prefold. Personally I would keep both unless you are going to keep a couple of pockets on hand. I have those too
:.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I like imse vimse wool covers especially when using a prefold not snappied!! I use bummis and imse vimse soft covers also all teh covers are ok under clothes and I use wool shorties and longies as pants instead of using covers. I prefer the Imse Vimse covers to the bummis. I am not a big fan of pul becasue it always leaves marks on my ds legs. But I do use them since wool is too expensive!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm another wool wrap fan. I love that they need to be washed so infrequently (though, I almost always use fitteds with the wool to prevent blowouts- I am only fair at using PFs!). I have tried many different styles and my favorites are Kiwi Pie wraps and pull-ons, Firefly Easy Wool, and Little Beetle covers; I have gone back and bought all of them in larger sizes. All so very soft and fuzzy.

I used to have a Loveybums jersey wrap that I loved too because it was so stretchy and trim. All of these choices are trim enough for under clothes. The very softest nighttime wool soaker I have found is the one by Lana, but it is too bulky for day IMO.

I do have some PUL covers too (my hands-down favorite is Imse Vimse Bumpy, and I always have a few Dappi pants around too) but one of the main reasons I was attracted to CDing was the "fuzzy, cozy" factor and wool is by far the best for that! But my suggestion is to have a mix, because PUL/nylon covers are so handy and convenient.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
I use a mix. I really love the Little Beetle wool wrap (from www.betterforbabies.com ), but often reach for a pair of Bummis whisper pants, which is a nylon pull-on cover. Both work equally well for us, but the Bummis is definitely trimmer and easier to wash if it does get poopy.

I don't see the point in investing a lot of $$ for PUL covers, so I spend the $$ on nice wool, and then use the bummis whisper pants (cost about $5.50 each) as back-up or for times when wool doesn't look right under the clothes my baby is wearing, lol.

HTH!

Lex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.