Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I use cloth diapers, right now I use mainly "all in ones" I bought from E-bay and some prefolds and covers.

I saw this auction http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=4309893197

I really like the design on the back, but the cover is made from wool? I asked the seller, and she said that wool is really good for diaper covers and it shouldn't leak.

I guess I just don't get it? She told me that this forum has a lot of cloth diaper moms who use wool so maybe I could get more info from you.

Won't the baby get really hot in a wool cover? How do you wash them? She said she preshrunk the wool so I could machine wash it, but that I should just "air it out" between uses. Is this sanitary?

I'm so confused! I really like this cover though, she has another one that says

"My diaper is too cool to throw away!" It's really cute too.

Do these covers look like they should work? Has anyone had any experiance using wool covers? Thanks in advance!

Amy

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I too was skeptical about wool. When I finally tried it, I was amazed. It doesn't smell, the lanolin reacts with the urine somehow to just make it clean. The baby stays dry--in fact, the baby stays cool in hot weather because of the evaporation that goes on. He never feels wet in wool. You do generally have to hand wash, although it sounds like you don't have to with this one. And you need to relanolise every now and again, which is easier than it sounds--just soak in some warm water that has lanolin dissolved in it after you wash.

Try the wool, you'll love it! Trust me. It's one of those little miracles that you have to experience to believe! I've been looking at that cover too--that WAHM is on another group I subscribe to, and she just opened her website. She has beautiful work!

Alison

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. I am really suprized, but I guess it makes sence that a natural thing is the best! (thats usually the way it works!)

I might bid on it, it is so cute. I was wondering how much wool covers usually go for? Is this a good one?

How do you know how much to bid for these things! I don't want to pay too much.

Also, has anyone ever bought a cover from this seller before?

I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I buy anything.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Is that our cutiepatootie aka myheadisred?

Someone please talk to her about this, from the auction description:

Quote:
The wool has been hand died a beautiful blue colour.

You know how I feel about these things.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamelamama
Is that our cutiepatootie aka myheadisred?

Someone please talk to her about this, from the auction description:

You know how I feel about these things.
What is wrong? Am I missing something!?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
well.. I am hiding under my paper bag now
: but I sure am embarassed that I have such bad spelling, and it's too late to edit my discription now! hahaha

(why didn't anyone TELL me)

Maybe that answers your question?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Oh don't worry I have bad spelling too.I think ebay has spellcheck now

Pam not to start a fight but I think you are being a bit rude.If you are bothered by spelling in an auction I can understand since something is being sold.But if you are going to nit pick at our posts here I think that is rude.I don't always have time to look over everything I post and my feelings would be very hurt if you were following me along and pointing out every typo and mispelled word to everyone reading the threads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.