Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the faqs, but I need a little help tonight...

I'm stretching a cover that I bought felted. It was a size L tester fuzbomb, that the owner 2 people prior must have felted, because it fits more like a medium.
Anywho, it fits my son OK, but on the second tightest snaps, maybe looser now...

So I bought some cheapo hair conditioner, and put about half into a sink of cool water and let it soak while I ran to walmart (damn 24hr place! needed bread etc for DH's lunch) and i'm gonna stretch it in just a few...

Question:
Once I'm done with stretching it, do I wash it?
With what?

Then do I need to let it dry and then lanolize it? I would assume so..but i'm unsure..

Help wool goddesses!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi there:

After you stretch the cover to size, be sure to wash it very very thoroughly.
Why?... Because the hair conditioner will not only cause leaking of the wool but also hang on odors.
I recomend you to wash it on dishwasher liquid soap (like Dawn, or other) to strip it of all traces of hair conditioner... Rince very very well and finish with a 1 tsp of vinegar in the last rince of water. Then lanolize generously. The cover is ready to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.